How it Works:
The Work and Play Program is a collaborative effort between Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Wisconsin, companies and their employees. Volunteer together to impact children’s lives with site-based mentoring. Work and Play challenges local employers to provide their staff with a fulfilling opportunity to represent their organization and help change the life of a child through one-to-one mentoring. Becoming a Work and Play Partner is as easy as following these 4 simple steps:
1. Register as a Partner Organization.
2. Designate a Work and Play Ambassador.
Appointment of a current or former Big to serve as Ambassador. Ambassadors will be an in-house point person with knowledge of BBBSNW contacts and volunteer applications.
3. Rally your team for 4 or more Volunteer Mentors (Bigs)
4. Bigs spend 1 hour a week with a child facing adversity.
Work and Play Bigs will follow all normal program stipulations for Site-Based or Community-Based programs.
- Your company will receive a wall mounted plaque to proudly display as a Work and Play Partner. The plaque will include a name window to display your company’s Ambassador.
- Company specific posters and flyers containing information on the Work and Play Program at your workplace. (See sample Poster & Flyer)
- Organization listing as a Work and Play Partner in BBBSNW annual report
- Organization logo displayed in the Work and Play Partner Section of the BBBSNW website.
- Ambassador invited to an annual Work and Play Ambassadors’ luncheon.
- All Work and Play Program Partners are eligible to be awarded as Work and Play Program Partner of the Year at the Big Brothers Big Sisters Annual Gala. Partners who have the highest participation rate in comparison to company size will be recognized.